Impact and Innovations Development Centre (IIDC) is a not- for- profit organization incorporated in the republic of Uganda. The organization seeks to improve the wellbeing of vulnerable groups in Africa through promoting evidenced and impactful socio-economic development interventions and innovations.
|Job title:||Communication Associate|
|Location:||Kampala, Uganda with some travel within East Africa|
Overall Purpose of Job:
Support the communication and documentation function within IIDC and across partner organizations ensuring that key strategic communication activities are fulfilled and knowledge is documented and shared to advance the organization’s mission and vision.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop written communication materials and other content for awareness raising and visibility of IIDC and partner activities
- Compile and repurpose existing content and materials for other communication needs
- Dissemination of IIDC and partner information at events, meetings, social media and websites
- Identify new platforms and new opportunities for sharing IIDC and partner information
- Update and maintain a knowledge database for IIDC and partner audio-visual products including film, documents and photos developed by service providers
- Review and synthesize reference materials to extract important information and learning for dissemination to IIDC partners
- Assist in content update on the IIDC website
- Conduct field documentation at IIDC partner sites to provide evidence for strategic activities
- Edit, proof and execute professional formatting and layout of organizational documents
- Support organizational branding for events by developing information fliers, banners, branded items among others
- Support communication and engagement activities with IIDC partners and other stakeholders
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, media relations, publishing, social work or related field
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Skills)
- At least 3 years working experience supporting a range of communication activities in the nonprofit or private sector
- Excellent written English skills with evidence of sample writing (3 pieces)
- Good working knowledge of formatting and layout in Microsoft Word and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point
- Ability to learn new digital and visual communication skills through mentorship
Added advantage but NOT required
- Ability to design publications using the Adobe Suite or online graphics sites is as an added advantage.
- Attention to details in written communication
- Ability to learn new skills and teach others
- Innovative and able to solve old problems with new ideas
- Willing to travel outside of Kampala occasionally
Relates well in a multi-cultural setting with different personalities
Interested persons are requested to send 3 samples of their written work (e.g. reports, stories, articles), a cover letter describing communication activities engaged in, and curriculum vitae with 3 relevant references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com by 4th October 2019.