Impact and Innovations Development Centre (IIDC) is a not- for- profit technical assistance organization incorporated in the republic of Uganda. The organization seeks to improve the wellbeing of vulnerable groups in Africa through promoting evidenced and impactful socio-economic development interventions and innovations.
|Job title:||Child Protection Specialist|
|Location:||Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel upcountry and within East Africa|
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Child Protection Specialist is a senior position at IIDC and the purpose of the position is to support the growth of the child protection programs within IIDC as one of the major thematic areas. The primary responsibility is to manage the child protection engagements within IIDC and offer technical advise and capacity strengthening on child protection to the partner organizations.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Strategic leadership, design, implementation and management of child protection projects at IIDC
- Leading the process of visioning and developing a framework for offering technical assistance in child protection;
- Leading the process of designing, writing grant applications and negotiating contracts for offering technical assistance / capacity strengthening in child protection;
- Managing and leading the implementation of child protection and child safeguarding projects;
- Supporting partners to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate child protection programmes and child safeguarding policies;
- Preparing annual and donor reports as well as other documentation relating to child protection projects of IIDC;
- Spearheading the implementation of IIDC child safeguarding policy.
Capacity building of partners and providing technical support in child protection
- Identifying the child protection training needs of the partners, designing content and conducting trainings that meet these needs;
- Training partners on child protection and child safeguarding;
- Supporting partners to assess child protection/safeguarding risks;
- Mentoring partners in implementation of child safeguarding policies;
- Conducting regular field visits to monitor implementation of child safeguarding policies and offering technical guidance to partners.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field with strong child rights content;
- Training on child protection programming or child safeguarding standards
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Skills)
- Ten (10) years working experience in management of child protection programmes.
- Practical experience in policy development;
- Practical experience in offering technical assistance / knowledge transfer;
- Demonstrable experience in management and leadership;
- Practical knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation.
Added advantage but NOT required
- Ability to communicate in Swahili as an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Training and mentoring skills
- A learner for self and others
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Very Analytical
- Resilient and flexible
Good interpersonal skills