Impact and Innovations Development Centre (IIDC) is a not- for- profit organization incorporated in the republic of Uganda. The organization seeks to improve the wellbeing of vulnerable groups in Africa through promoting evidenced and impactful socio-economic development interventions and innovations.
|Job title:||Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Expert|
|Location:||Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel upcountry and within East Africa|
Overall Purpose of Job:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning is a senior position at IIDC and the purpose of the position is to strengthen a learning and evidence-based approach to programming within IIDC and across the partner organizations.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Strategic leadership, design, implementation and maintenance of MEL System
- Provide hands on support to IIDC partners to design, improve and implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems so that they can adequately measure the outcomes and impact of their programmes and interventions;
- Support IIDC partners in the creation of Learning Plans including analyzing data and extracting learning outcomes as well as assessing the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to the learning plans;
- Assist IIDC partners in selection of data collection methods for adequate monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs (these methods may include field visits, quarterly reports, specialized surveys and other sources of information);
- Lead the process of developing, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of IIDC’s project activities;
- Coordinate the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments including: baseline surveys, midterm reviews, end-line, impact evaluations among others;
- Develop IIDC monitoring and evaluation guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems and M&E best practices and ensure high-quality implementation, consistent with the guidelines;
- Support in resource mobilization efforts of IIDC.
Reporting, Documentation, Knowledge management and Learning support
- Support IIDC partners to deepen their understanding, appreciation and application of an evidence based approach to programming and reporting;
- Support IIDC partners to deepen their understanding of and sharpen their approaches to program learning as an essential part of organizational effectiveness;
- Support IIDC partners to implement learning initiatives with view to establishing viable communities of practice on various thematic issues;
- Spearhead the process of documenting learning findings on specific topics and sharing learning with different actors;
- Lead strategic collaboration activities with key partners and stakeholders to learn from Project data and adapt interventions as appropriate;
- Lead results reporting by providing written, oral, video and other forms of documentation on MEAL activities and results framework for progress reporting (quarterly, bi annual and annual), as appropriate;
- Support IIDC partners to use their M&E data to contribute towards strategic decision-making, knowledge management, sharing best practices and adaptation of their programs;
- Refine and strengthen IIDC’s organizational approach to learning and impact orientation.
Capacity building of staff and partners and providing technical support
- Develop and oversee implementation of the partner capacity building strategy that promotes a culture of learning through systematic analysis and reflection of program data;
- Identify the M&E training needs of the partners and design content and conduct trainings that meet these needs;
- Coach, train, and mentor M&E Officers with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity (in development of M&E plans, M&E tools as well as survey design, methodology, data collection and analysis), exchanging knowledge within the M&E team and providing professional development guidance;
- Provide input in the design of new initiatives to ensure the needs of impact groups are addressed in accordance with project and program approaches of partners.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Masters in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or related field;
- Bachelor’s in Statistics, Economics, Social Work and Social Administration or related field;
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Skills)
- Ten (10) years working experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Consultancy experience in Monitoring & Evaluation
- Practical knowledge and experience in offering technical assistance / knowledge transfer
- Familiar with outcome mapping
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and leadership skills
- Experience and knowledge on the development of theory of change desired
- Knowledge of statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS, EPI-INFO etc
Added advantage but NOT required
- Ability to communicate in Swahili as an added advantage.
- Affiliation/membership to M&E Associations as an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Training and mentoring skills
- A learner for self and others
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Very Analytical
- Resilient and flexible
- Good interpersonal skills